Wednesday, September 3, 2014

So as my second week as a new realtor came to a close, I was still feeling a little overwhelmed.  One of the first things my company did was ask me to put together what is known in the biz as  a "sphere of influence" or center of influence.  Just a list of 50 of your closest family and friends.  50???? are you crazy?  I don't know 50 people.  So I started by going to where else, but Facebook.  I wrote people I haven't talked to in years.  I could imagine the responses I was going to get back, but imaging my surprise when people were supportive and gave me the information I was requesting from them.  This was exciting and I thought wow! I can do this.

I then met with my real estate coach, who has been wonderful and helping me take things one step at a time.  We have a checklist and each week I have certain things to get done.  This week I had to draft my announcement letter.  This is the letter that I will send out to center of influence to let them know I am now a realtor with Prudential and that I am here to help them!   Other things I had to do this week was add more people to my list, which was pretty easy now that I realized I don't have to have phone numbers for everyone.  The addresses are the important part.
So I started wracking my brain and ended up adding people I grew up next door to.  My childhood friends' parents, ex co-workers, and my own neighbors (whom I had previously forgotten about).  I ended up with 106 people total and was very proud of myself!  Now on to next week :0) 


No comments:

Post a Comment